Monday 30 July 2012

The Olympics are here!

I love watching the Olympics. I love watching people reaching their goals and living their dreams. It is an amazing feat to get to the Olympics, let alone win a medal. I also love those special moments when athletes from opposing countries leave their political rivalries behind and can genuinely congratulate each other. That is true sportsmanship.

At the 2012 Olympics in London, I am really excited to watch the American swimmer, Michael Phelps, try to become the athlete with the most ever medals won. I am also looking forward to seeing Usain Bolt, the Jamaican sprinter, try to defend his Olympic titles and break the world record yet again.

I like being able to watch all kinds of sports that we don't usually see on T.V. Some of my favorites are synchronized swimming, gymnastics, and weightlifting. These sports look so difficult to me that the athletes almost seem superhuman. However, there is one sport that I would love to see in the next Olympics. It's called sepak takraw and it looks awesome! Check out this video:

Sepak Takraw

What is your favorite Olympic sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment